Ask, Seek, Knock

Translate

Insight Archive

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Other Authors

Previous posts have noted my opinion on the importance of achieving individual perfection through participation, and having responsibility. Also noted, was how we may achieve societal perfection in two other posts: What is Zion? and Achieving Zion. I have noted in the description of the blog that this "blog" is to increase our (all, including mine) understanding. To gain more understanding, we cannot simply learn from one point of view. This is one reason I have invited you to "comment on and about anything." As I was learning about the blog more fully by searching the deep abyss of the settings, I came across an option to add authors. It was on my mind quite a bit. I want to grow in understanding, and to grow I need to learn from others. This idea came to me, and wouldn't leave, so I have invited a few people to become blog authors on this blog. You have also probably noted the changes in the title, description, and other places. Yet,  they have the same purpose as I with the emphasis on Native Americans. That is to echo the plea of our father Lehi:
 "... arise from the dust, my sons, and be men, and be determined in one mind and in one heart, united in all things, that ye may not come down into captivity; That ye may not be cursed with a sore cursing; and also, that ye may not incur the displeasure of a just God upon you, unto the destruction, yea, the eternal destruction of both soul and body. Awake, my sons; put on the armor of righteousness. Shake off the chains with which ye are bound, and come forth out of obscurity, and arise from the dust." (2 Nephi 1: 21-23; underline added)

I invite you to read their posts, and share what you have learned. Also, feel free to comment about anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment