Ask, Seek, Knock

Translate

Insight Archive

Friday, March 21, 2014

No More Other Authors

Previous posts have noted my opinion on the importance of achieving individual perfection through participation, and having responsibility. This is important an vital for us to progress. If we do not strive to get more, We will lose what we have. Jesus Christ taught in Matt 25: 14-29 the importance of using what is given to you. "For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath." (Matt: 25: 29) If we do not take opportunities given to us, we will lose future ones. If we do not try to increase our talents, we will lost them. I mentioned, previously, that I had, and desired to add other LDS Native American authors, but some didn't want to take that opportunity, and others didn't post. Noted in the blog description is the purpose of its existence. That is to increase our (all, including mine) understanding. To gain more understanding, we cannot simply learn from one point of view. This is one reason I have invited you to "comment on and about anything," and why I added other authors, but they hadn't taken the opportunity to post. So, I felt it necessary to resort back to the original title and original amount of authors. I have not rejected the idea of having multiple authors. I just want to make sure the ones I add will share their understanding. Yet, I still have the same purpose which is mentioned in the emphasis on Native American. I am to echo the plea of our father Lehi: "... arise from the dust [my brothers and sisters]... and be determined... and...united in all things, that ye may not come down into captivity... put on the armor of righteousness. Shake off the chains with which ye are bound, and come forth out of obscurity, and arise from the dust." (2 Nephi 1: 21-23; underline added)

No comments:

Post a Comment